Thursday 8 September 2011

Them Philly Crowds, Man

Dustin Rhodes v Barry Windham (WCW 29/12/92)
--If this was on a TV episode with a super cutesy pro-babyface crowd instead of being a handheld in the annoyingly crowd-split Philly, I get the feeling I would have thought it was a really good match. There's these bunch of fans near the person holding the camera in particular backing Windham (the heel) that are especially annoying.  It's a shame because like I said, this had some really, really good stuff. Windham is a sizeable opponent for Rhodes' babyface shtick and even though the two look like giant blobs with white heads on the handheld camera, i could see Dustin rolling in pain at certain points and I was ***dying*** to catch a closer look. Windham was being pretty dicky, taking cheap shots and teasing chair-usage and such, and the hope spots Dustin put in were perfect for the ten minutes they got. There's a ref bump and it would have been really great to see the crowd lose their shit when Dustin hit the Bulldog after that. A lot of the crowd actually barracked for Dustin, but I'm looking a little less forward to the tag with Liger and Steamboat from the same live event for no other fact than the negative reaction. God I really don't like Philly wrestling crowds. Scratch that, I *hate* Philly wrestling crowds.

No comments:

Post a Comment