Sunday 11 September 2011

LAST ONE??

This is is for splitting, I think. That was a pain. But somehow a little fun.

Blue Panther/Negro Navarro v Solar/El Satanico (FMLL 5/3/11)
--Just awesome. Everyone here is well over 45 years old and they still work the mat better than 95% of wrestlers do in their peaks. Only goes two falls because of the demented finishes (which I won't bother touching on), but all up they get almost 30 minutes to work with and I adored every bit of it. There's a whole lot of arguing going on before the bell even starts and we open with Panther vs. Satanico which obv. leads to Navarro vs. Solar. There's only a certian amount of things those two can do after being filmed a billion times but I haven't gotten tired of it and I suspect I never will. There was one really awkwardly painful looking submission from Solar I don't recall ever seeing before though and it looked tremendous. They keep with the "both partners tag out simultaneously" trend through the whole thing, and, for whatever reason, it doesn't bother me a bit. Not here, not in WWE, not in WCW, not anywhere, and it really seems liek the kind of stupid thing that should bother my picky nerves. They swap things over come second fall and we get Solar vs. Panther, which, no joke, was the best part, like better than Navarro vs. Solar. They were moving stupidly fast for 50+ year olds and the counters and everyhing were executed better than any moves you'll see anywhere else. Satanico vs. Navarro was great as well obviously but Solar vs. Panther rocked my world sideways. I hate seeing Panther without his mask but he does some really good facial expressions. Like I said weirdly booked finish but just a great, great match and these four should be worshipped like giant island stone heads.

The Miz v Daniel Bryan (WWE 19/9/10)
--Up until this point only one match can make me say "I muted the commentary", and that was Danielson vs. Liger. Seriously Michael Cole's calling in life is NOT as a wrestling commantator and I have no idea what could make anyone think employing him for over ten years is a good idea. Anyway, very enjoyable match and one that made me see a new side of Mizanin. I thought Bryan was the stand-out guy, and me not thinking Bryan was the stand-out would have been unparalelled, but Mizzy was good here. The match itself was built very nicely, Bryan gets soem offence in before Mizzy goes for his arm, and he did that surprisingly well with the ropes and stuff used as well. His striking offense is pretty bad to me, but he was using a lot of ware-down moves instead fortunately. Bryan's ill-fated comeback was a good because it helped the crowd think he was winning right then and there, but surely enough Mizzy would drop his coconuts o the top rope and clothesline him to the floor, where Bryan could hold the area he was being targeted on in agony. Brayn getting thrown out so Miz's bitch toy could get attacks on Bryan only for Bryan to go back on the attack was great because it was semi-in the middle of his offence period anyway. Great suspense near the end with a small host of "Bryan'a gonna win this" roll-throughs and stuff. Not sure where I'd rank this on WWE match of 2010, I thought Punk/Rey, Punk/Swagger, Michaels/Taker, McIntyre/Christian were better, but this is nothing to complain about. ***3/8 level, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment